[lbo-talk] Why I Skip LBO-talk Protestations

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Mon Oct 22 13:38:15 PDT 2007

On 22 Oct, 2007, at 16:03 PM, Chuck wrote:

> I posted my review of Aufheben, which I've been reading. Been reading
> new issues of Fifth Estate, Communicating Vessels and the Progressive.
> I'm working on reviews of "Buda's Wagon" by Mike Davis and "The
> Whistleblower: Confessions of a Healthcare Hitman" by Peter Rost. This
> summer I also read:
>
> * Off Armageddon Reef by David Weber
> * Heartbreak Soup: The First Volume of "Palomar" Stories from Love &
> Rockets by Gilbert Hernandez,
> * American Splendor: Another Day
>
> How about yourself?

I haven't even heard of any of these books ;-) -- as Ian noted about himself, but also true of me, its all mostly Little Red Tractor and stuff like that. I recently read an article in Science or the ACM rag or some such in which the guy computed the limits of Moore's "Law" based on physics, which was sort of interesting, except I didn't understand most of it. I scanned through "The Israel Lobby" at Barnes & Noble the other day and it seemed interesting. Would like to read more of it.

I want to re-read the large number of works of fiction that I read in my teens in order to understand them beyond what a teenager gets.

Oh, I re-read Dewey's Liberalism and Social Action on a flight to Austin, the other day. He doesn't have good things to say about anarchism ;-) -- I will post that part to the list for your amusement, shortly.

Good luck with your job interview!

--ravi