[lbo-talk] "Islamofascism Awareness Week" (was Marjane Satrapi:Revolutionary Spirit)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Oct 23 09:40:37 PDT 2007

Doug:

Yoshie thrives on pissing people off, which is almost inevitable (except for a few sad fellow travelers). It's her oxygen. It makes her feel radical and important. Many times I've been tempted to boot her, but I haven't yet. But her sort of trolling is very bad for list ecology. If the apology isn't forthcoming, that might be a good time to get out the steel-toed boots.

[WS:] Pleased don't. The stuff that she posts is generally useful. Her main sin is not trolling but failing to summarize the points she is making, and using long verbatim quotes instead. However, poor writing style hardly qualifies as a capital offence.

Wojtek