[lbo-talk] "Islamofascism Awareness Week" (was Marjane Satrapi: Revolutionary Spirit)

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 09:55:32 PDT 2007

Michael wrote: "But whether fired by indignation and rhetorical zeal, or just because aliquando bonus dormitat Homerus, he (Andie)has let slip an expression which certainly appears to put the question of intervention very much on the table -- and frame the question, moreover, in a way rather more favorable to it than not. "

Furthermore, on re-reading Andie's comment, I see he states that failing to take a position against the Iranian regime will "let them build a bomb." That being the central position of the administration's argument for attacking Iran, I'm sure that was an inadvertence on Andie's part.