[lbo-talk] fascism week

bhandari at berkeley.edu bhandari at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 23 11:04:19 PDT 2007

Don't think the pieces I forwarded--opinions by Jha, review by Rosen and analysis by Talal Asad--would appear on that right wing web site. I think we should be developing such analysis--anti imperialist and self critical of Western liberalism--rather than making light of the abuses of the Iranian regime (Yoshie) or accusing all critics of liberalism of making gas chambers (Andie). Stephen Phillon mentioned a book by an Iranian American Bezhad (forgetting last name); has anyone read that or Dabashi's history yet. I haven't. Yours, Rakesh