[lbo-talk] Why I Skip Anti-Globalization Protests

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 23 12:13:44 PDT 2007

Chuck0:

> If you dismiss the property destruction at Seattle, then you just
> don't get how that played an important role in the overall success
> of Seattle.

Huh? I was there all week and property destruction was minimal. A few smashed windows, and a circle-A spray-painted on a cop car (which was ballsy and marvellous). The bourgeoisie likes to talk up the damage, but to them anything that interferes with their plans is the virtual equivalent of armed revolution.

And...Seattle was a success at the time, which means from the end of 1999 through 9/11. After that, Seattle was dead.