[lbo-talk] Islamofascism Awareness Week

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:49:08 PDT 2007

On 10/23/07, BklynMagus <magcomm at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > Everyday that we talk about the crimes of Iran we
> are ignoring the crimes of the U.S. the crimes that
> "we" commit.
>
> No, we are not. I am always talking about the crimes
> against queers that America commits (as well as those
> of other countries). It is possible to do both.
>
> Also, pro-queer LBOsters may be interested in this
> new site:
>
> http://gayswithoutborders.wordpress.com/
>
> Brian

The violence and crimes committed by the U.S., yes even against Iran, are so much greater than the crimes of Iran that to talk about them in the same breath is like talking about the crimes of the slave against his slave wife, while evenhandedly condemning the crimes of the slave-owner. It is altogether possible that if the U.S. did not commit those crimes against Iran (the overthrow of the Iranian government_ the crimes (against homosexuals) that you protest so much against would not even exist. So again you should be concentrating on condemning the U.S. for crimes against homosexuals in Iran, not Iran.