[lbo-talk] Islamofascism Awareness Week

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:36:30 PDT 2007

> On Oct 23, 2007, at 4:59 PM, Jerry Monaco wrote:
>
> > The paretheses was misplaced. Sorry. Does that defeat the argument?
>
> No. But the argument was defeated from the start, since it posits
> some force, presumably on the left and not in the bourgeoisie, that
> devotes "every breath" to the criticism of Iran. No such force
> exists. You would search in vain for any U.S. left outlet - print,
> electronic, organizational - that devotes more time or space to
> criticism of Iran than to criticism of U.S. foreign or domestic policy.

Most people I talk to in the U.S. know much about the crimes of Iran commits but nothing and little about the monstrous crimes that U.S. commits and our responsibility even for the much lesser crimes that Iran commits. In the context of the usual war fever to concentrate any energy on the crimes of Iran, and pretending as if those crimes are not "our" crimes, is hypocrisy. Why do leftists speak of Iran's crimes at all? What do they matter? How will they change them? How is it doing anything but buying into the agenda of the our regime which has produced many or most of those crimes and much worse in the first place?