[lbo-talk] Iran and Egypt (was "Islamofascism Awareness Week")

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 24 11:36:42 PDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> For those who have already made up their minds, like most people on
> this mailing list, comparisons like this are useless, but if you meet
> those who haven't, out there in the real world, it may be useful.

How many times have I said that Iran is something of a democracy? (When I interviewed Abrahamian last time, I characterized it as a weird hybrid of theocracy and democracy, and he agreed. Which makes sense, because that's exactly what it is.)

Who are the people on this list who don't know that? Or are you confusing listmembers with Lee Bollinger?

I'll even grant you a free overpost today if you actually answer this question.

Doug