[lbo-talk] Europhilia

Seth Ackerman sethackerman1 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 24 13:27:35 PDT 2007

Angelus Novus wrote:

>And like Dennis, your Europhilia is based upon a
>vision of Europe that never even really existed, and
>certainly does not today.
>
>[...]
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartz_IV

Angelus, I thought you were against the welfare state in the first place. It's a racist, nationalistic travesty, right?

And this Wikipedia article doesn't mention that the SPD has decided to rescind large parts of Hartz IV, under pressure from Lafontaine's Left Party, which is now Germany's top third party, polling at 12 percent, I think. (But Lafontaine is a racist, I guess you'd say.)

Seth