[lbo-talk] Revolutionary Leaders (was Iran Poll)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 26 11:48:06 PDT 2007

On Oct 26, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> There exists an image of ideal-typical class struggle in the
> imagination of many a leftist: the working class, united across
> borders, fight against the capital-states. That has never happened,
> and that never will.
>
> Jay Gould, who reportedly said, "I can hire one half of the working
> class to kill the other half," understood class struggle much better
> than any Marxist.

Too bad all those old Reds in the CPUSA, who organized tenants in NYC, blacks in the south, and industrial workers in the midwest, and arranged for legal defense of people fighting oppressions, weren't around to learn this piece of wisdom from you. Or the Trots who organized TDU and Labor Notes, more recently. They were so deluded, weren't they?

Doug