[lbo-talk] Revolutionary Leaders (was Iran Poll)

Alex Hogan alexmhogan at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 12:17:46 PDT 2007

> > There exists an image of ideal-typical class struggle in the> imagination of many a leftist: the working class, united across> borders, fight against the capital-states. That has never happened,> and that never will.>

What's you point? Who are you talking too? I never viewed it as my job to dictate to the Egyptian, Palestinian or whatever country's left whether they should work Islamic organizations or not. Maybye you think one is a reductionist "class v. class" Marxist if they admit their political ideal is largely incompatible with Bin Laden's or Ahmadinejad's as they have laid it out. If so, I plead guilty.

My big problem however is your tendency to make snarky put downs "about Western leftists" against people who have made clear they are anti-war but are rightfully critical of the Tehran government. Yes, our main job in the US is to stop Bush from blowing up Tehran. However when Iranian bus drivers ask for the help of international trade unions in pressuring the Iranian govt to free Mansour Osanloo , for example, I think we have a duty to respond with solidarity.

_________________________________________________________________ Peek-a-boo FREE Tricks & Treats for You! http://www.reallivemoms.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us