[lbo-talk] Revolutionary Leaders (was Iran Poll)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Oct 27 14:35:28 PDT 2007

On Oct 27, 2007, at 5:07 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>> My big problem however is your tendency to make snarky put
>> downs "about Western leftists" against people who have made
>> clear they are anti-war but are rightfully critical of the Tehran
>> government. Yes, our main job in the US is to stop Bush from
>> blowing up Tehran. However when Iranian bus drivers ask for
>> the help of international trade unions in pressuring the Iranian
>> govt to free Mansour Osanloo , for example, I think we have
>> a duty to respond with solidarity.
>
> The history of the labor wing of the US-led multinational empire

What a non sequitur. Iranians trying to organize unions are pawns of Washington? A labor leader going blind in prison is remote controlled from Langley? Labor organizers getting shot under suspicious circumstances - they deserve it because they're just apologists for Norman Podhoretz? What a bag of crap.

Doug