[lbo-talk] US fascism Awareness Month

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Mon Oct 29 11:53:53 PDT 2007

On Oct 26, 2007, at 8:24 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

> I want to hear more about Doug's Confederatist Right phase.
> Not being snide -- it's fascinating to me, the winding roads
> that bring people to where we find 'em.

All explained at the following locales:

<http://bad.eserver.org/issues/1998/36/henwood.html> <http://www.thenation.com/doc/20030217/henwood>.

I was never a neo-Confederate! Though many of my POR colleagues were - all of them big fans of John Caldwell Calhoun (the standard POR naming form always included the middle name), "the Marx of the master

class," as Hofstadter called him. Me, I was a libertarian, completely

won over by Friedman's Capitalism & Freedom.

Doug

^^^^^^^^ CB: All the nooses popping up these days seem like a sign of some kind of Confederate network.