[lbo-talk] 'American kids, dumber than dirt'

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Tue Oct 30 08:25:35 PDT 2007

W Kiernan wrote:
>Seriously, what's the use when cunts are running the world?

Cunts are running the world? I missed that development. Last I checked it was pricks, almost exclusively.

I attended both community college and university in the 80's, and I'm taking community college classes now with mostly youngsters. They don't seem dumber or smarter than my age group, but I have noticed that they seem a little spunkier in questioning the teachers. That's refreshing. They also seem a little more nervous overall about their grades, a little more harried and worried overall. As in the '80's, there is little sense of education for anything other than its instrumental value, but now there's almost a militancy about that which is new in my experience: Why do we need to know this or that? Just give me what I need to get out of here. I used to think it came from greater time constraints (less student funding, more students working) now I think it's more fear and worry and the pressure to focus focus focus on getting that elusive 'good job.'

Jenny Brown

</HTML>