[lbo-talk] did Craig commit a crime?

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Tue Sep 4 11:37:32 PDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 06:50:43PM -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:

[...]

> they're being received by an adult. And when they come to the house,
> there's no actual sexual congress with a minor, just a chat with a
> slimy TV host. Why is this not entrapment?

IANAL, but wouldn't a way to cast reasonable doubt would be to claim that the person knew it was an adult but thought they were role-playing? How would one tell the difference? It isn't illegal for my partner to dress as a schoolgirl and for me to play her naughty internet-seducer. At least I don't think so.

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

I cut my nails to the quick but still I was caught with my hand in the till red-handed.

-Fugazi