[lbo-talk] Main St. USA's mood: 'We need a revolution inthiscountry'

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 12:25:16 PDT 2007

>From: Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org>
>
>Carl Remick wrote:
> > [Just returned from an unusually interesting visit to the dentist --
> > interesting because it gave me an opportunity to peruse Business Week's
> > cover story, Sept. 3, on the subprime crisis, which openly ridiculed
> > Wall Street's financial engineering innovations of the last 25 years.
> > The magazine cover art depicts an expensively attired Wall St. exec
> > wearing a red clown's nose. Most interesting of all was a cover story
> > sidebar article (see below) discussing Middle America's mood these days
> > -- i.e., DEEP alienation. It's pretty eye-popping to see a Kansan
> > (other than Chuck, of course) saying: "I think we need a revolution in
> > this country." If the left doesn't seize the moment, it really deserves
> > to be in history's dustbin.]
>
>Thanks for sharing this, Carl, and thanks for mentioning me.

Don't mention it :) Here's another must-read article -- on *global* alienation from the US economic model -- that I just saw cited at a more likely source for the subversive POV than Bizweek, i.e., the Marxism list (tip of the hat to Louis P.): <http://www.bookforum.com/inprint/014_03/846>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe.  Claim your treat today! http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline2