[lbo-talk] Targeting Empire

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 17:45:07 PDT 2007

> Yoshie really makes me more of an Iran-basher than I
> would otherwise be. I wouldn't have gone out of my way to criticize
> the country otherwise, but she just makes me want to do it.

That is childish. Why not take responsibility for your own opinion, like a grown-up? No one is making you do anything. If you bash Iran or anything else for that matter, that's because _you_ want to.

On 9/8/07, Russell Grinker <grinker at mweb.co.za> wrote:
> This stuff is reminiscent of the way the US used to depict the Japanese
> during the Second World War - as sub-human - prior to the nuking of
> Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Responsible leftists should be making efforts to counter propaganda like this, but don't expect Doug to do it -- he's too busy countering me to bother thinking about what the empire is doing to the Iranian people and to do the right thing to stop it.

On 9/7/07, dredmond at efn.org <dredmond at efn.org> wrote:
> On Thu, September 6, 2007 11:10 pm, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > Among those who are not members of the power
> > elite and who are on the broadly left side of the political spectrum,
> > perspectives on Iran do not appear to be determined by perspectives on the
> > Democratic Party.
>
> Not the point. You keep blasting away at the mythical Iran-bashing of
> mythical Leftists, when we should be blasting away at the alarmingly real
> Iran-bashing of equally alarming Dems.

Most leftists here have and will vote for Democrats, no matter what, and their opinions about Iran, pro or con or anything in-between, are not going to change it any time soon. -- Yoshie