[lbo-talk] Targeting Empire

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 9 06:29:23 PDT 2007

On Sep 8, 2007, at 8:45 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Responsible leftists should be making efforts to counter propaganda
> like this, but don't expect Doug to do it -- he's too busy countering
> me to bother thinking about what the empire is doing to the Iranian
> people and to do the right thing to stop it.

You're so utterly full of shit. Take a look at the people I've had on my radio show to discuss Iran over the last year:

May 31, 2007: Saadia Toor and Kourosh Shemirani on how Western leftists should think about the abuse of women and same-sexers in Iran and other Muslim countries

April 12, 2007: Hamid Dabashi, professor in the Middle Eastern studies department at Columbia and author of Iran: A People Interrupted, on the history of that complex, consequential country

December 14, 2006: Hamid Dabashi on Iran

August 17, 2006: Val Moghadam on politics and gender relations in Iran

June 1, 2006 Ervand Abrahamian on Iran

And, sometime in the next couple of weeks, Ervand Abrahamian again.

Doug