[lbo-talk] Terror Lord's Lefty "Chum" Chomsky

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Sep 9 03:26:41 PDT 2007

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 18:45:11 -0700 (PDT) ken hanly <northsunm at yahoo.com> writes:
> So Chavez is referred to as a dictator even though he
> is elected! Is this typical of US media?

Yes that's quite typical. If Chavez was a friend of Washington, the US media would be referring to him simply as President Chavez, even if he had acquired power in a bloody coup. The other thing that the US media has going on about recently, is Chavez's attempt to ammend the Venezuelan constitution to eliminate term limits on the office of the presidency. Some astute members of this list might recall that the US didn't have term limits on the presidency until 1951 and that before then, a certain Franklin Delano Roosevelt managed to get himself elected to the White House four times.