[lbo-talk] What are you reading now?

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 12:03:03 PDT 2007

On 9/9/07, Mike Ballard <swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Lots of
> intimate, gossipy details here e.g. Hitler and his pals really love their
> military fashion--image, very important to these right-wing thugs.

I recently learned how much went into the design of ordinary Wehrmacht uniforms. Apparently they were designed to have the belts worn really high and have the jackets be slimming and a touch short so as to enhance the taller-than-thou superman look. A company that makes ultra-authentic replicas of these for reenactments gets a lot of complaints about their too-small fit. They said that Hugo Boss himself supposedly had a hand in their design, but his descendants deny this.

-- Andy