[lbo-talk] What are you reading now?

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Sep 9 17:48:28 PDT 2007

My current and past reading list can be found on Goodreads.com, which I recommend that people join. Kind of like Myspace for people who read books.

I recently finished "Buda's Wagon" by Mike Davis. Excellent book. Davis gos over the history of car bombs, starting with the anarchists and covering just about every violent political movement (and state) of the past century.

I'm trying to read more science fiction, so I picked up Off Armageddon Reef by David Weber. The book is good and has an interesting premise: the huamn species is nearly wiped out by a stringer, more ruthless, species and the survivors have to set up on another planet. Book devolves into a fairly decent novel about naval battles and state politics. Disappointed that the author felt compelled to use the book to start a trilogy, when the novel would have been much better if the whole story has been condensed into one volume.

I also recently read Heartbreak Soup: The First Volume of "Palomar" Stories from Love & Rockets by Gilbert Hernandez. My first graphic novel. A worthwhile compilation of the "Palomar" stories from the Love & Rockets comic series, which I was introduced to while in graduate school back in 1989.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/