[lbo-talk] Targeting Empire?

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 09:40:04 PDT 2007

Dennis Claxton wrote:

Is anyone as weary of [Yoshie's Iran posts] as I am? I know the standard response is I don't have to read them. But that's a little like saying I can just change the channel when a tv commercial that bothers me comes on. It's still a bother.

I'm not bothered by the large number of posts on Iran.

What bothers me is the lack of discussion - give and take - and the enthusiasm for accusing people of being awful (It's always "the left" hasn't done this and "the left" hasn't done that).

"Reasonable people can disagree." Or so the ancients said.

But in the listserv age disagreement automatically inspires charges of Satanic service. Your debating opponent is not merely wrong in a factual sense, he's wrong as an entity.

Is any of this in any way helpful?

The answer is no.

.d.