[lbo-talk] Targeting Empire?

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Mon Sep 10 09:56:20 PDT 2007

On 10 Sep, 2007, at 12:16 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
> Yoshie wrote:
>
> Maybe her 3000th post of the year on Iran. Is anyone as weary of
> this as I am?

I am not weary at all. Most of the posts are quite valuable, for instance, the stats she just posted on women in the labour force. And that's against the random noise (not from list-members but the media and talking heads) about Ahmedinijad, nuclear programmes, whatever.

> I know the standard response is I don't have to read
> them.

Indeed you don't!

> But that's a little like saying I can just change the channel
> when a tv commercial that bothers me comes on. It's still a bother.

Well, such is life! It seems to me though that you are complaining about bothersome content interrupting your commercial viewing ;-) ... it seems you would rather chat about who is reading what books (look what a bunch of smarty-pants we are! ;-) Some of us even read two books at the same time! ;-)), and so on?

--ravi

P.S: in case the smileys don't convey the point, I do think you guys are a bunch of smarty-pants but in a good way.