[lbo-talk] Targeting Empire?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Sep 10 18:05:54 PDT 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:09:49 -0700 (PDT) wrobert at uci.edu wrote:

> I guess, that for myself, the irritation hasn't come from the
> quantity of the posts so much as the repetitive nature of the
> argument.

It's repetitive because it's a really important, general, recurring problem.

If I wanted to be ungenerous I would be tempted to say that the problem is that people would rather be right than on the right side. The crazy thing is that the mullahs, though they are not right, *are* on the right side.

Bein' from Kentucky mahself -- home of the Hatfields and McCoys -- I have no problem at all with the idea that the enemy of my enemy is, at least pro tempore, my friend.