[lbo-talk] Targeting Empire?

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Mon Sep 10 19:33:08 PDT 2007

I disagree with this. If there was something productive that the list could do about the problem, no doubt something would be done to produce some compromises and action. My suspicion is that this is one of those theatrical performances that really have to do with people being irritated with each other.

As for your second argument, I feel that radicals need to get over this kind of manicheanism and accept that the people they are ostensibly talking to can accept complex and contradictory view of reality (aka despite the fact that the Iranian government is problematic and does some fucked up things, its still a thousand times more legitimate than any U.S. intervention.)

robert wood