[lbo-talk] Thinking Big (was re: Michael Lerner tattles: the state of the antiwar movement)

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Thu Sep 13 17:07:08 PDT 2007

I believe this is the last email of the day for me, but I thought of one other thing. The folks I know who are involved in anti-war organizing on campus (University of California Irvine) say that it is difficult to get the activist base interested in doing things about the war. They would generally like to focus on more local issues like in-sourcing workers on campus, which they feel they can make more of an impact on. (Coincidentally, I've been fairly impressed by their work on that campaign.) I'm curious if this is a local phenomena or is it something that is symptomatic of the national state? (I suspect that its the latter)

robert wood