[lbo-talk] Rudy's braintrust

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 12:03:56 PDT 2007

You and Judge Easterbrook on the same page with insider trading. I am thinking about writing an article about why it should be a crime. Because my intuitions say it should. I think it's cheating, stealing, exploiting, and often a fiduciary violation, as well as an incentive to commit worse crimes, like manipulating the stock to take advantage of your insider knowledge. More later.

I don't mind if these clowns (my former clients ;->) are humiliated at the office. Of course when I represent them it is an outrage. From the pov of a radical citizen, it is delicious. But I believe in retribution.

As far as the AUSA, did someone drag him off in chains from his clerkship or HLS to slave in the galleys at Foley Square? Was he barred from working at Skadden or Sullivan & Cromwell and impressed into The Most Prestigious USAO in the country, from which, after working under Rudy on those cases, he could write his won ticket as a _partner_ at Skadden, etc.? Fuck that jerk. Clearly a case of an excessive sense of privilege and entitlement. Bust him too, in the office, just on general principle; he needed some humiliation.