[lbo-talk] Rudy's braintrust

Carl Remick carlremick at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:08:37 PDT 2007

I should provide some context concerning the glee I mentioned (below) when, in 1987, a tearful Richard "Wiggy" Wigton, head of the Kidder, Peabody's risk-arbitrage and over-the-counter stock-trading departments, was hauled off to the hoosegow in handcuffs by US Attorney Rudy Giuliani's minions on insider-trading charges that were later dismissed. <http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,963571,00.html?iid=chix-sphere>

First of all, I'd say being an arbitrage and OTC honcho is ipso facto evidence of criminality. Second, I was then working on Wall Street and had to deal with these Masters of the Universe all the time. Even the ones who weren't obnoxious pricks were idiots savants knowledgeable about nothing but moneymaking and should have been serving time just for being crass and pig-ignorant.

BTW, the purpose of this posting is not just to advertise my petty vindictiveness but to try out the gmail I've gotten as a replacement for Hotmail. Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, I am free at last of Microsoft.

Carl