[lbo-talk] military going Dem?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Sep 14 18:13:33 PDT 2007

bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:

> As for the latter, my apologies for making it sound as if building movement
> is drudgery.

Mostly fun, _but_ -- "liberals" (popular conception) more or less new to politics (and by politics I mean _only_ participation in mass, non-electoral movements), who make up the bulk of local groups most of the time _do_ have the habit of being over-dependent on one or two or three more disciplined (=often, the one or two or three marxists in the group) to make sure the machinery works: that there is sound equipment for the rally, that the notice of change of time for a meeting gets sent out to everyone, that the web site gets maintained, that the supply of bruchures is maintained, etc. And _that_ can become something very close to drudgery.

This is one of the reasons I become abrupt with those who propound on what the movement _should_ be doing without giving any indication that they are, at their local level, working to make that happen.

Carrol