[lbo-talk] choices schmoices

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Mon Sep 17 19:12:02 PDT 2007

fer.christ.sake.already.

carl, gimme your weapon cause i'd like to put a hole in the heads of every mother lovin' freak who couldn't stand it and wanted to see to it that we had "choices" as to how we invested our retirement funds. i was handed a 1/8 in ch thick full brochure today, from which I should decided how to invest my 401k. What a bewildering array of bedazzling bullshit as to different investments.

christ.

who thought up this shit? i used to think Dave Hawkes' was a whack job, ranting on about how we were all capitalists these days because of our 401ks. But damned if it does not seem to me that it's yet another way to wrap us around the stock market as some kind of savior or, at least, guarantor of our good fortune.

what a load of malarkey.

choice. feh.

26 year old I work with said, "Oh, I just took that little quiz Investment Firm has on their web site. It said that, since I was young, I should be a risk taker. So, I chose that plan!

Some fuckin' choice man. Some fuckin' choice. I took a quiz. I chose. christ.a'mighty.