[lbo-talk] Conspiracy blowback!

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Sep 21 19:59:15 PDT 2007

The "Left" gets its buzzword thrown back at it! Delicious! ;-)

=== Robert Reich on the Leonard Lopate Show ======================

What I found in the 1990s when I went down to Washington was that it was almost difficult for the public to get a word in edgewise. Why? Not so much because, as the Left often thinks, corporations banded together and created this great corporate conspiracy to keep wages down and keep the public out of democracy. Its more subtle than that. Its more complicated. Its more interesting.

=== End unofficial transcript ====================================

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/episodes/2007/09/05/segments/84993 http://audio.wnyc.org/lopate/lopate090507apod.mp3 (about 15 mins in)

The difference I guess is that Reich's version of unfair and silly name-calling of another person or group's position can actually impact them! :-(

--ravi