[lbo-talk] magic of the marketplace

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Sep 22 07:24:00 PDT 2007

[from Page Six]

Celia Farber, who wrote about "O.J. Incorporated" for Rolling Stone in 2000, reports Simpson had been selling his signature through agent Mike Gilbert since 1989, but the market really took off five years later after the double murder of Nicole and Ron Goldman, when Simpson's autograph quadrupled in value.

Gilbert would sneak items into the courthouse, past the media hordes outside. "We just kept signing . . . for the entire 16 months that O.J. was incarcerated . . . while they were delivering the verdict, we were still signing," Gilbert told Farber.