[lbo-talk] Congestion pricing and business

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Sep 22 09:22:49 PDT 2007

>> In a breakthrough study, the Partnership for New York City has
>> identified more than $13 billion a year in losses to the New York
>> Metropolitan Region’s economy that are a direct result of traffic
>> congestion.

Everyone talks about the weather, but no one is interested in doing anything about it.

How about a $13B injection into the transit infrastructure?

---

Just read a great article in the IHT: a Makeover for Eurostar (only 13 years old!) is now due :-)

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/09/21/travel/tyler22.php

"London-Paris, Paris-London is one my more regular short-haul travel routes. It's also a trip I've come to loathe. What should be a quick, seamless journey on a seamless, efficiently run rail service is an area that needs considerable improvement."