[lbo-talk] Post Marxist Era

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Sep 24 12:21:11 PDT 2007

Chris Doss wrote:

>I've yet to see any compelling evidence that class
>struggle is the engine of history...

This statement shows little understanding of either history or Marxian thought. To pursue his metaphor (not one I would ever choose) in a Marxian way:

-the engine of history is the development of the Productive Forces -the gears are Class Struggles -the wheels are Politics -the fuel is Technology -the exhaust is Ideology -the driver is human Consciousness

When the gears slip When the wheels grip When the fuel is contaminated When the exhaust gets into the driver's compartment When the driver becomes stupified Then a crash is imminent

nicht wahr?

Shane Mage "die Weltgeschicht ist das Weltgericht"--Hegel