[lbo-talk] Laurie David's lifestyle choices

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 24 17:37:48 PDT 2007

[from the Rush & Molloy column in The Daily News]

Side Dish

If anything is impervious to climate change, it's frosty eco-warrior Laurie David. The other night, at the "Patterns of Green" lecture series at the Gant flagship, we asked if we could pose a few questions. "Are they appropriate questions?" she snapped. We weren't even going to bring up her curbing the enthusiasm of husband Larry David by taking up with their married contractor. But we did want to let her respond to reports that she still travels in private jets and that her two 25,000-square-foot estates leave massive carbon footprints. She said this much: "Perfect is the enemy of good, and nobody could possibly live up to the standards of perfection and operate in today's culture." With that, she was gone.