[lbo-talk] Clash of Sexual Civilizations

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 25 09:36:12 PDT 2007

> Sexual happiness is essential to human liberation.
Personal rights and freedoms concerning sexuality, however, may be achieved in other ways than one based on the idea of sexual orientations, though certainly the one based on that idea is the hegemonic one, especially in the global North, and I believe our sexual future is still open.

What I have always found interesting is that the creation of sexual orientations often results from the criminalizing of specific sexual acts.

If a person find sexual hapiness through the adoption of the idea of sexual orientation -- great. It is one way, but not the only way. Problems arise when this or any other way is interfered with by the state or other societal powers.

Brian