[lbo-talk] The Sexual Clash of Civilisations

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 09:50:35 PDT 2007

"I know you're trying to get your boy off the hook for saying something so transparently ludicrous, but if even a minority of Iranians have adopted the "Western" identity, then Ahmadinejad's statement is factually wrong. There *are* Western-style homos in his country, whether he likes it or not."

Yes, but I bet it sounds a lot less ludicrous in Teheran than it does in New York.

I could almost say that I am looking forward to seeing the US Marines ('don't ask, don't tell') going to war for the rights of

> men in Iran who suck cock
> and women who munch box.

I would say that it would be good to see that slogan scrawled on the side of a bomb, nestling in the womb of a B-52 - but that the day might come sooner than one would think.

After all, who would have expected Vietnam War hero Wes Clark fighting a war to set up a rape crisis centre in Kosovo.