[lbo-talk] demonization

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Tue Sep 25 10:37:22 PDT 2007

On 25 Sep, 2007, at 12:05 PM, martin wrote:
> It felt, to me, as though the MSM were trying to improve the Bush
> image
> by appearing more mean-spirited.
>
> On Sep 25, 2007, at 6:40 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> It really felt like the whole media establishment was leading us into
>> war.

Every good liberal needs something to prove his masculinity on. Ahmadinejad, Hizballah, etc (preferably something "foreign", but in a pinch there is always Al Sharpton). They give him words to complete weighty sentences such as:

Look, I have no patience for _________ The XYZ cause is damaged by the actions of __________

These carefully crafted disclaimers then enable him to launch the necessary criticism of internal politics without looking like a girl.

--ravi