[lbo-talk] Clash of Sexual Civilizations (was Re: ahmadinejad)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 19:23:55 PDT 2007

> On Sep 25, 2007, at 6:08 PM, andie nachgeborenen
> wrote:
>
> > However, the military continues to make the status
> of
> > being a declared homosexual in impediment to
> military
> > service, though not a crime.
>
> Well not exactly. You can declare yourself, just
> don't do anything.

No, see b2 below, it's not enough that you say you are gay but don't have same sex sex, you have to affirmatively demonstrate that you don't do it if you say you are gay, and that you don't even have a _propensity_ to do it, which is pretty hard, I imagine, if you say. What is it to be gay, after all, if not to have a propensity to engage in sex with members of the same sex? And the burden is on you to prove the negative.

<http://www.sldn.org/binary-data/SLDN_ARTICLES/pdf_file/1099.pdf>