[lbo-talk] GM-UAW agreement

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 26 09:13:24 PDT 2007

On Sep 26, 2007, at 12:02 PM, Lenin's Tomb wrote:

> On 9/26/07, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>>
>> So what should they have done instead? GM and Ford are losing gobs of
>> money in the U.S. What would you have proposed if you were running
>> the UAW?
>

> Is that a serious question? Or are you merely playing Business
> Advocate?

It is a serious question, one to which I don't know the answer. And your answer is so at odds with the state of political consciousness and organization in the U.S. that it never leaves the realm of fantasy. I just posted an article on how miners in Utah are arguing against tighter safety regulations. That is the state of political consciousness in the U.S. today. C'mon over and help us out.

Doug