[lbo-talk] Khomeini on Sodomy: a response

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 27 10:46:51 PDT 2007

Yoshie wrote:

>In California, the sodomy law was repealed in 1975

There are still criminal acts defined as sodomy in California. What was repealed was the law against consensual adult "sodomy."

California Megan's Law website has a list of crimes that require registration as a sex offender. Here are the sodomy offenses:

286 SODOMY 286(A) SODOMY; GENERAL CATEGORY AND PUNISHMENT SECTION 286(B)(1) SODOMY WITH PERSON UNDER 18 YEARS 286(B)(2) SODOMY WITH PERSON UNDER 16 YEARS 286(C) SODOMY WITH PERSON UNDER 14 YEARS OR WITH FORCE 286(D) SODOMY IN CONCERT WITH FORCE 286(E) SODOMY WHILE CONFINED IN PRISON OR JAIL 286(F) SODOMY: VICTIM UNCONSCIOUS OF THE NATURE OF THE ACT 286(G) SODOMY: VICTIM INCAPABLE OF GIVING CONSENT 286(H) SODOMY: WITHOUT CONSENT OF VICTIM AND DEFENDANT IN MENTAL FACILITY 286(I) SODOMY WITHOUT CONSENT: DRUGGED VICTIM AND DEFENDANT IN MENTAL FACILITY VICTIM INTOXICATED. 286(K) SODOMY BY THREAT OF AUTHORITY TO ARREST OR DEPORT

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/registration/offenses.aspx?lang=ENGLISH

>"Contact"?! Good fucking Lord, who amongst us, even the most
>unadventurous and conventional, has not in the heat of the moment
>accidentally slipped out? Thanks for the warning; I'm never going to
>California.

Read the subclauses to put your mind at ease.