[lbo-talk] Miles Davis anecdote...

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Sep 28 15:12:30 PDT 2007

So, I was having brunch with a fellow writer who is trying to put together some music production deal on the side and who recently spent some time with a guy who used to play with Miles. He recounted the following:

At one time, Miles was married to Cicely Tyson and, by virtue of that, was invited to dine with President Reagan at the White House. No one seemed to know who he was. During dinner chat, Nancy turned to him and said, "So, Mr. Tyson, what have you done with your life?"

"I changed the course of music four times." replied Davis in a gravelly voice, "What have you done? Beside fucking the president?"

J.