[lbo-talk] Last Supper, in a leather harness

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 30 10:23:43 PDT 2007

On Sep 30, 2007, at 11:29 AM, bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:

> i forgot to ask: what on earth could "over-educated" mean anyway?
> is there
> some line drawn as to what just the right (goldilocks) education is
> so that
> you aren't under- or over- educated? is there a commission
> somewhere that
> determines this?

I think it means when someone applies an education to critical thinking about the status quo. The best kind of education, from that POV, is voke ed, be it auto mechanics or database design or dentistry. That's ok, but when you start questioning god, you're just a fancy pants.

> Sarachild, who after all had been schooled at Harvard

She had? I met her several times, and she sure didn't look Harvard!

Doug