[lbo-talk] Obama on poverty: straight DLC

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Tue Apr 1 18:18:45 PDT 2008

"Straight DLC"? Total rubbish.

The only people who don't support the EITC are a few misguided lefts who insist without a scintilla of evidence that it's an employer subsidy . It's not clear what the fatherhood legislation is about, but the extent of non-payment of child support by men is huge. If that's not a feminist issue, there are no feminist issues.

Caregiving support is still a frontier for mainstream politicians. Nobody is doing much or is likely to do much very soon, though if American minus LBO elects Democrats we might see some movement.

I haven't read the piece, but the excerpt here does not encourage me to look further.