[lbo-talk] Obama on poverty: straight DLC

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Apr 1 18:54:12 PDT 2008

On Apr 1, 2008, at 9:18 PM, Max B. Sawicky wrote:
> The only people who don't support the EITC are a few misguided
> lefts who
> insist without
> a scintilla of evidence that it's an employer subsidy

How is it not an employer subsidy? It allows employers to pay wages below the cost of reproduction of the working class. I suppose only a "misguided left" would say something like that. Except that an old college friend of mine who ran a public housing authority in California - someone with totally mainstream Dem politics - said her purpose was to allow employers to pay substandard wages.

Doug