[lbo-talk] Re: Sawicky's Math (was Re: Obama on poverty:straightDLC=

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Thu Apr 3 07:48:27 PDT 2008

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 06:32:44 -0400, "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at verizon.net> wrote:

> If Bell is right a) we are truly screwed;

Why? Are tax schemes and collective bargaining the only possible options for class struggle?

> b) a lot of conservatives have been wasting their
> time inveighing against trade unionism; and c) a lot of
> lefts have been wasting their time supporting it.

C is much true than b.

Crocodile tears often conceal a delight in achieving labour peace, the real "product" of (non syndicalist) trade unions.

Conservative use indignation and bluster as a bargaining strategy.

> It's logically possible that wage or benefit increases are absorbed by
> price changes.

Is it logically possible that they are not?

> There is no other reason to believe it, from what I've seen &
> heard.

I see, so after well over a century of "progressive" tax measures and collective bargaining, what is the rate of capital formation among wage earners? What was it before these measures?

-- Dmytri Kleiner editing text files since 1981

http://www.telekommunisten.net