[lbo-talk] Sawicky's Math (was Re: Obama on poverty: straightDLC=

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Apr 3 07:10:58 PDT 2008

>>> "Max B. Sawicky"
If Bell is right a) we are truly screwed; b) a lot of conservatives have been wasting their time inveighing against trade unionism; and c) a lot of lefts have been wasting their time supporting it.

^^^^ CB: Evidently, one effect of the new Obamaphobia disease is that it causes those who have it to lose track of the big picture. Pretty soon they'll be arguing against ending the war in Iraq because Obama has a plan on it ( and it's no different than Clinton's, of course ,smile)

^^^^^

It's logically possible that wage or benefit increases are absorbed by price changes. There is no other reason to believe it, from what I've seen &

heard.