[lbo-talk] EU opens Northern Rock investigation

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 3 11:02:15 PDT 2008

On Apr 3, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Sean Andrews wrote:

> So what would be involved in creating these new institutions?

I do mean to do some work on that but I really doubt there's any popular support for moving away from conventional homeownership. Most Americans just want to go back to borrowing big and watching house prices rise. It is a lust I don't feel at all, but that's not the only way in which I'm alienated from my fellow citizens.