[lbo-talk] A new old Cold War?

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 12:03:08 PDT 2008

The membership of Georgia and the Ukraine has just been delayed. What happens when it joins and say Russia recognises Abkazia or South Ossetia against the wishes of Georgia. Does NATO intervene?

Perhaps they will be recognised before this ever happens since a recent article in Moscow News Weekly mentions Kosovo as a precedent for recognising them. (This seems a bit surprising since I understand Russia takes the view that Kosovo should not be recognised.)

http://www.mnweekly.ru/news/20080403/55321439.html