[lbo-talk] Irrefutable proof that 'Stuff White People Like' is the dumbest thing ever

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 5 19:46:17 PDT 2008

Angelus Novus wrote:
> Andy F:
>

>> Get back to us when you've done your own comparative
>>

>> study of students and independent contractors, and
>>
> let > us know how bad you've got it. No points for
>
>> insignificant numbers.
>>

> Idiot. The point is that "Free Healthcare" is not a
> reality in Germany, an indisputable fact. There
> exists nothing like the English NHS or a Canadian
> single-payer system.
>
> I have complete understanding for someone from America
> who would make a personal decision to move to a
> European country based upon an assessment of their own
> self-interest, but if North America leftists have to
> tell Michael Moore type lies about a fictional
> European paradise as a basis for political agency,
> then you are all truly fucked.

Let me see if I have this right. 92.2% of Germans have public health insurance. You must earn more than ~4000 Euro's gross per month in order to be able to opt out of the public plan. Less than .3 percent of the population has no health insurance. ~80% of that .3% make more than the cutoff and choose to opt out without picking up private insurance. That means .06% of Germans have no health insurance for some reason (undefined) and are not in a position to be able to afford private insurance. Anyone who makes the claim that that everyone in Germany has health insurance is an "idiot" because in fact only 99.94% have insurance or are wealthy enough to choose not to have coverage. Does that about sum up your position?

John Thornton